Friday, March 4, 2011

Planetveien 12 FOR SALE!

Here I was, thinking this was going to be just an ordinary Friday. I'm very happy to have been wrong on that one; I think this is my longest blog post yet...

In the afternoon I got a mail from a friend with the news that THIS house is up for grabs: Grete Prytz Kittelsen’s modernist gem in Oslo. It was designed in 1955 by her then husband architect Arne Korsmo. Grete Prytz Kittelsen lived and worked there until her death last year.

I was kind of hoping the house would be turned into a museum as it is a very important building in Norwegian architectural history as well as holding Grete Prytz Kittelsen's workshop (the oven she used to make some of her enameled pieces is still in there). The good news is that it will be made a protected building. It will be interesting to see who buys it and for what price... (It’s estimated at 7 to 8 million Norwegian kroners, which is surprisingly modest for what it is and what it contains.)

Here are a bunch of photos borrowed from finn.no and DN, for you to enjoy and (like me) drool over. (Click on them for lager versions).

Have a fantastic weekend!

























Of all the lovely interior photos, I think this one moved me the most. It’s a bit like the holy grail...

Grete Prytz Kittelsen posing for Vogue (no less) in her workshop, 1961.



Still not had enough? Click here for more fantastic photos...

Related posts: Here, here and here.

3 comments:

Norseman said...

Wow! This is pretty fantastic. I love the interiors so much.

Dee said...

What an amazing post Janne, thanks for showing it.
Dee : )

Erica said...

På flyttefot? He he :-)
UNDERBART hus, och spännande att nåt sånt gammalt kan känns så modernt idag.