Monday, August 24, 2009

Vintage stereo sideboard



That's what I think this is, anyway. Actually, it is more likely to have been mono than stereo, but you get the idea. It has vertical dividers which looks like they are designed to hold LPs. I found it last week at a flea market, and it was just the kind of thing I needed for my narrow hallway. The maker is Strømmen Bruk, Hamar (Norway). I am using it to store backpacks and tote bags etc. (we don't buy ugly plastic grocery bags any longer, do we?) I put the two white box drawers on the top shelf, but they are not very good, so I'm looking for something a bit better. Like these Orla Kiely patterned ones, for instance...

(Image from Desire to inspire via Inspiration Bubble.)

3 comments:

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

What a fantastic piece. Great find!

Heather Moore said...

Beautiful! And your staircase and entrance is gorgeous! Must come visit one day...

Biba said...

It's fab and totally perfect! You have given me the gentle nudge i need to attempt mine... ;)