Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Shed days

Besides my failing attempt at playing dr Doolittle, the last few days have been spent moving stuff between sheds. The new shed at the back of the garden really would make a lovely working space, but seeing as I would need electricity which it hasn't got installed (for sewing machine, heating etc.) it will be used for storage. For the time being at least. (The other shed which is attached to our house is better suited as a workshop.) Maybe later, if I should turn to writing it can become my writing hut :-)
Just look at this cute writing hut that belonged to George Bernhard Shaw. It was built on a turntable so he could position it according to the direction of the light. So clever. Read more about it here. Photos are taken from Shedworking blog.

4 comments:

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

A turntable is such a clever idea. Perfect for an artist's studio as well!

Francesca said...

so lovely. that could easily be the inside of your little shed. the turntable is such a good idea.

Tikimama said...

I love that idea! The turntable would solve so many problems of positioning the shed in your available space! I thought this one was yours til I got to the bottom!

Heather Moore said...

Hope the birdie is doing ok. Love the idea of a teeny, turnable shed.