Monday, May 25, 2009

A bird in the hand


On our way to kindergarten this morning, we came upon this poor little thing sitting in the middle of the road. My guess is he'd fallen out of his nest and being too young to fly, he was basically sitting there waiting for his fate. There were already ants on his feet trying to eat him alive (at least that's what it looked like). I just couldn't leave him there, so I put him in my son's hat and brought him home and now he's practicing his wings in our bathroom :-) He has only opened one eye so far, so I know he must be a baby. He's proving to be a fussy eater, though, and after having facebooked this issue, I got a tip on what to do: I'll have to go shopping for bird seeds and pre-chew them, apparently, before serving them to him. The things you do... Well, I did make a vow to the RSPCA (Dyrebeskyttelsen) when I was about 7 years old, always to be good to animals...

Aren't his feathers beautiful?

2 comments:

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

He is beautiful! You are such a kind soul to be his surrogate Mum.

Francesca said...

sweet janne. i hope he finds his wings soon.