Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Decorative bargains



This my third Bruksbo bargain. I think it was originally designed to hold LPs, but it works just as well as a magazine rack. I have been wanting one since I first saw it many years ago, and lo and behold - yesterday I found this at what can only be described as a treasure chest of a local second hand market.


I also found these ceramic candleholders in a fantastic yellow colour. Needless to say perhaps, but yesterday was a happy day for me :-) The framed print is by Dee Beale. Check out her Etsy shop.


And what's a better bargain than free flowers, especially when they are as beautiful as these? I picked them by the road side coming back from kindergarten this morning. They are actually regarded as weed around these parts.

7 comments:

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Sweet finds at the second hand shop! Lupines as wildflowers - how lovely! Most of the wildflowers in my area, while lovely, are quite demure.

Joe B said...

Ha! That's pretty funny/weird as I am keeping my eye out for one of these... so, do you find them to be of sturdy enough construction?

Actually, not that weird of us sharing the similar interest as I found yer blog BECAUSE of your previous postings re: Bruksbo! I came into a huge collection of their Veggen (wall units)... and you're one of the few (English) spots on the web for genuine info on them.

Check these out!:
http://www.finn.no/finn/bap/object?finnkode=16908709
http://www.finn.no/finn/bap/object?finnkode=16483339

=- Joe, in California

Janne said...

Hi Joe! I'm so glad I could give you some info on Bruksbo. In my personal opinion their designs are up there amongst all the famous Danish designers of the same era, but has not gotten its deserved credit.

Yes, the box on wheels is very sturdy. Are you looking to buy from Norway, as I have seen them about quite often? They tend to go for about $200. You might already know about Lauritz.com – a Scandinavian online auction house. They are a good source:
http://www.lauritz.com/Default.aspx?LanguageId=5

LIVS LYST said...

Her hadde jeg ikke vært før. Takk for titten. Gøy å komme inn i nye blogger!!

Hilsen Liv fra Livs Lyst

Francesca said...

love your LP/magazine rack. x

essbesee said...

I know not from Bruksbo but love that lp/magazine rack thingee! gorgeous!

Juddie said...

So pretty! I saw masses of lupins in New Zealand and I've tried to grow them in my garden, but I think it just gets much too hot and dry here in Melbourne in Spring and Summer. So I'll live vicariously through the beautiful gardens and flowers on other blogs ....