Sunday, August 24, 2008

Nights of a round table

I want a round dining table. At the moment we have an old rectangular teak table that expands. A great function, but one that I will have to forget, do I want a table similar to the Eero Saarinen Tulip Table. And I do.

I can't afford the orignal Tulip table, so I have to find something similar. There's the Ikea Docksta table but it only seats 4.

I need space for 6. How about Ikea's Billsta? It looks a bit more solid, has a metal stand which I don't mind and it's a bit bigger. I think I need to go to Ikea and check it out...


I will of course also need a mat to go underneath the table... I love the brown Petra Börner one, but then there is this crazy orange one which would match our sofa. (Both rugs from Ikea.)

1 comment:

Francesca said...

oh i love the brown one. and brown and orange are lovely together, maybe you should do that instead of having all orange. i'd love to see a pic when you've got everything together.

p.s. re london transport museum, yes if your little one loves buses etc, he will LOVE it! it's a great place to visit. let me know when you're coming to london and maybe we can have a cuppa!
x