Friday, March 30, 2012

A few hours in Copenhagen



I was lucky enough to spend yesterday in lovely Copenhagen. We had red hot dogs on Strøget, browsed for Lego and enjoyed fresh Danish pastry. As you do...

Picturesque, right? I love the street name 'Naboløs'. In Norwegian that would mean without neighbours.

Illum Bolighus, one of my all time favorite shops . The open atrium letting in light and the wood paneling on the walls are the kind of architectural details that I love. I thought the spring display with the trees and the colourful birds was a nice touch.

We couldn't really afford much in Illums, but Ellis bought this little Danish design souvenir - The Hoptimist. I would have liked to have the teak version, but it was DKR 400 (about US$ 70).

The big Lego shop had to be visited as well. Here's Ellis putting together some mini figures, choosing from hundreds of different parts.

And this is the result. I love the scary guy with a cap, holding a magic wand :-)

5 comments:

Ellissa Stevenson said...

What a great way to Start my Saturday!!! I would have to say Denmark is pretty much my second home! Copenhagen is my husbands and mine is our all time favorite city!!! And take great pleasure when others can share in the simplicity of strolling the streets and hygge.

Francesca said...

oh that's great! so you get to choose your little men and they box them up for you?

Janne said...

@Francesca You get to box them up yourself, even :-) And pay for them...

Francesca said...

ha! they make you work for it then. i won't ask how much. we are longing to come back to your part of the world but need to save up first! x

Juddie said...

Gorgeous! Looks like a perfect
day :-)