Thursday, January 24, 2008

Visual tag


I*ve been tagged by my friend Paul over at Sweet Paul's to post 7 facts about myself. I had to get input from Frankie to do this one. I decided to do it using photographs. Don't know how interesting any of this is, of course, but here goes:

1. I'm a fussy eater (apparently. I just think I'm selective.) I don't eat mayo, mustard, certain mushrooms, avocado, eggplant/aubergine, salad dressings, sour cream, olives, cloudberries, pickles, herring, smoked salmon or liver. (There you have it, my friends - no need to ask in the future.)

2. I am the lucky owner of a black leather Arne Jacobsen egg chair. I found it in a skip! It's worn and tatty in places, but who cares? We were flat-hunting a few years back, and passed this skip outside a house were someone was clearing out. The people who threw it out obviously didn't know what they got rid of. They were happy that we wanted it and told us that there was a footstool to go with it. Unfortunately we never found it because the skip was so full. I often wish they hadn't told us that bit...

3. I never seem to know what to wear. It can take me a long time to get dressed.

4. I like to sleep in.

5. I communicate well with dogs (according to Frankie)

6. I have a slight shoe fetish. I have acquired some beautiful footwear over the years which I've never worn as I haven't really got the feet or the occasion to wear them (thanks again, ebay!). The ballet shoes were the ultimate in this context... It was my birthday (35th?) and I acutally went into a dance supply shop, sat down and tried these on, then bought them. Ah, unfulfilled childhood dreams.

7. I love theme parties where I can dress up in costumes. More fantasies unrealized, I guess!

That just about sums it up. I'm meant to tag 8 new people, which is a bit excessive, I think. I'll shorten my list to these ladies:
Cecilie at happymeat
Francesca at mrs.eliot books
Dawn at plush-a-holic

3 comments:

Francesca said...

i particularly love 'certain mushrooms'...it got me wondering which ones! and that you bought yourself ballet shoes. too sweet!

sweet pauls dogworld said...

well done miss J

lookwhaticando said...

I love love your list. I am a picky eater too. I also love to sleep in...love it. I will do my tag later today..thanks for picking me. I love that you have an egg chair...a dream of mine. xoxo