Sunday, May 15, 2011

Vintage children’s book I: Singeling for rare ting

Blogspot had big problems this week. As a result, the original version of this post (and comments) disappeared and was never restored. I'll try to repeat myself as best I remember..

This Norwegian children's book was published in 1961. The illustrator's name is Unni-Lise Jonsmoen. (She's the wife of the author Ola Jonsmoen.)

The story is about Enok who's 6 and home from school one day due to a cold. He's bored and his mum suggests he do some drawing, which he does. He then makes up some fantastic stories based on the drawings.




The sign on the tram reads 'Enok’s town'.

4 comments:

erleichda said...

These are really beautiful illustrations! THe do remaind me some children books when I was i child back in Greece in the seventies... I like your blog - I am certainly coming back : )

Melanie Wickham said...

what a fantastic fox - watch out chickens...

Francesca said...

beautiful illustrations. do you have a scanner? i would scan and frame. x

Janne said...

Thank you all for your comments! Yes, I do have a scanner. Good idea, Francesca :-)