Friday, May 20, 2011

Little dog "Lost"

Every now and then when I'm thrift shopping for ceramics, porcelain and glass etc. I stumble across a picture that I just can't resist. This was one of those. Call it kitschy, I don't care. The expression on this little puppy triggered my rescue gene.

The picture looks like an etching, it's got an English title, "Lost", but I can't make out the signature (click on image for larger version). My guess is that it's from the first half of the 1900's, but I'm no art expert. If you are, or if you're able to interpret the signature, please leave a comment. If you're not an art expert you're welcome to leave a comment anyway :-)

I also found a painting on the same shopping trip. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

erleichda said...

I think is really cute! Unfortunately cannot help you but I will "investigate" a little and let you know. Just love finding out about such things. THanks for shearing. Enjoy your painting. It was nice of you rescuing it : )

Janne said...

Thank you, Demie!

erleichda said...

Hei igjen! Jeg er nok ikke noe ekspert jeg heler men liker å finne ut diverse om malerier ( samler det som på engelsk heter silkscreens- kjøpt fra loppemarkeder selvfølgelig- ingen råd til noe sånt ellers) det jeg fant er en side : https://www.blomqvist.no/Om-Blomqvist/Online-vurdering hvor du kan i allefall kanskje få noe info tilbake- har noen jeg og, med uleselige signaturer... kjedelig! Uansett den er veldig søtt : ) og Nå må jeg bare si Godnatt : )

Janne said...

Takk for tips, Demie!