Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Midwinter Stylecraft


It's probably ten years ago since I first came across Midwinter's Nature Study coffee set, designed by a young Terence Conran. It was in a second hand design furniture shop in Oslo, and I have wanted it ever since. Had I known how long it would take me to get my hands on some of these beautiful pieces, I would have bought it there and then! At last my collection is started, and now the hunt goes on... (As if I needed another collection. Of anything.)

For me this is the ultimate coffee set pattern. The simplicity and contrast of the black and white combined with the delicate yet striking line drawings... ah!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Oooh, I also love the Nature Study design! I have recently started collecting the Midwinter Cannes pottery and am in love with the vibrant colours and the groovy landscapes! Go Midwinter....
Mandy

Heather Moore said...

I love it too! Funnily enough, I was looking at it earlier on UKstoreroom.com, and thinking that the ceramics transfers I'm making right now are quite reminiscent of this design. I love all your beautiful (and beautifully-shot) vintage things. So lucky!

chinacats said...

I am a big lover of the conran nature study design myself .
just bought a complete coffee set and dinner service at an auction house this verry morning.
martin.