Sunday, September 4, 2011

Que sera, Sera?

It was my birthday on Friday, and my friend Maggie presented me with this lovely jug and creamer from Stavangerflint. The pattern is called Sera and is by Inger Waage. I had the serving dish from before, so now this makes a great little trio.

At yesterday’s fleamarket I did actually find a complete coffee set in this pattern, but I have decided I just haven't got room for any more... Besides, I often like mixing plain cups with vintage items as I think a full set in one pattern can sometimes be too busy and you don't notice how great the pattern actually is. What do you think?

I did also have this one little Sera egg cup from before. I it is my favorite object in this pattern. It's got to do with the simplicity of the decoration plus the fat border on the brim. I do like that detail.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Hi Janne, I have one dessert bowl in the Sera patten too! It's pretty hard to find Scandi stuff in NZ, so I grab it when I spot it. Love your previous post with Staffordshire Potteries also. We are moving and yesterday I packed a whole BIG box of my Staff. tall mugs!! I should have taken some photos, couldn't believe how many I'd collected and were stashed away in cupboards. cheers Sally

Lisa Kjellerød said...

Happy belated birthday Janne!

Juddie said...

Oh! Happy birthday (belatedly!) - sorry I missed it! Hope you had a great day and that a wonderful year is to follow ...
xx J