Monday, August 23, 2010

Kon-Tiki, Stavangerflint

My latest Stavangerflint additions:

I love the colour combo in general, and the asymetric design on the big plate in particular.

This is not the original cup for this plate, but it is in the same product line and the petroleum blue colour goes well with pattern I think.

Here's an ad from a vintage catalog showing more items with this pattern (found here). I assume the range was named after Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl's Kon-Tiki expedition.

3 comments:

barbarita said...

oh they are great!

Anonymous said...

The cup goes great with the plate... good match I say!

HegeO said...

Dette serviset bringer frem minner, helt klart! Mine foreldre hadde dette hjemme da jeg var barn. Jeg elsket mønsteret!
Og nå, etter så mange år vet jeg hva det heter også:)Kon Tiki.Fantastisk.
Hege O)