Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Vintage ceramics (and a little seasonal sigh)


My latest vintage ceramic purchase is this dish I found at Oxfam in King's Road on my recent London trip. It has no mark or stamp so the maker will probably remain anonymous. The little black vase/jug is something I picked up in a fleemarket in the autumn along with the lamp base. I bought a plain lampshade which I then gave a new dressing from a vintage silk scarf.

As you might be able to see through that window, we're having lots of snow at the moment. It's nice but it gives me endless dilemmas as to what to put on my feet before I step out.. It's almost impossible to look smart AND be safe (slippery hill to the bus stop). Every year the same...

1 comment:

Francesca said...

love the lampshade. did you strip the original one off and re-cover? i don't think i'm neat enough to do that.